Saturday, October 22, 2011

Head Gear, Sprinkles, and My Biggest Fear...

Alright, so maybe it's not my biggest fear but I HATE when a cake doesn't turn out the way I planned it. I always tell my mother that I never know how a cake will turn out before it's done. But, I always have some idea. But for this one I created a hole and then had to find a way to jump out of it I guess... I drew out a very gorgeous design that I was super excited about, but then of course it didn't work out. So I ended up with a very basic design. I can't wait until I get to Chicago and have some of these glitch's worked out of myself!



One fun thing that has been continuing to happen is my new found love of DIY projects. So last night I made sprinkles! How fun is that! Nothing can really describe happiness like being able to walk into your kitchen and creating colorful specs of sugary goodness! I found the recipe on this blog. So special thanks to that author. I also managed to snap this super cool picture of my new KitchenAid mixer in action!





And then there was tonight's fun project. A collaboration of culinary and fashion... two of my favorites. I saw someone online create a headband from a t-shirt. They cut it into five strips and braided it. But, for my brain they made it far too complicated. I wasn't gonna be able to comprehend this at 2:30 in the morning, so I added some culinary flare and braided it as though it were a loaf of Challah Bread.. I definitely had that braid pattern down 1 over 3, 2 over 3, 5 over 2. So after a little bit of hand sewing, braiding, and more sewing. It was complete. I'm hoping to use the top part of the shirt to make a dress (once we get a new needle for our sewing machine) which could be interesting.

 I have another cake to do tomorrow along with 2 special cakes and 4 basic full sheet cakes for a fundraiser this week. So be prepared for meltdown major (yep, I said 'major' since I'm currently watching Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century)

No comments:

Post a Comment